Friday, January 19, 2007

Head games

Here's a practical idea someone shared with me once. Maybe it will help you too. Imagine a baseball glove above your head. (You know like how the light bulb idea works in cartoons.) Here's what I do. I "catch" the thought in the glove and take a look at it. Does it jive with what I know about God from his word and my love relationship with him? If not, is it coming from my own fear, insecurities, my narcisism? Or is it from one antagonistic to my relationship with God, from the enemy of my soul? If I can determine the source behind the thought, it can slow me down enough to allow me to see what I'm considering. Is the action in keeping with my true identity as a daughter of my Creator. If I give in will keep me from being who I truly am becoming as I walk with God? Hopefully someone out there will be helped by this. It was huge for me.

1 comment:

renew said...

thank you. i love that idea.