Monday, January 29, 2007

Renew Together?

Yes.
This is a good thing.
Vintage gets down to business.
I sat in church a few weeks ago and overheard a convsation in front of me. Innocent and understandable enough. But revealing.
One person was commenting to another how he had not attended VFC for quite some time, and that now it seemed like the crowd was a whole different group of people he mostly did not recognize.
I think he was wondering how this fit the "body" concept of the community of faith. This got me asking myself myself some even deeper questions. Are we all here because of the "buzz" of the place? Is this just another pop blip that people drop into and move on from like a million meaningless blogs out there. Are our meetings jammed full with people who stop by a few times and then move on and forget? Just like most else in life today? X-Box attention span?
Or are we a family of faithful, a community? The living body of Christ? And not just a momentary religious blog--"the bloggy of Christ"?
Sunday's message, January 28, was the call to get down to business. I hope we were all listening well.
Thank you, VFC.

No comments: