Sunday, January 21, 2007

I don't know how to start this entry except to start typing and see where it ends. As I have sat in church on Sunday and listened to the message about changing and renewing one subject resonates in my mind. In January 2006 I made the decision like I had done several times before to loose weight. This time was different. It was different because I came to several realizations, the most important being that I was on a path of destruction. When I started this process I told myself it was going to be different this time. I was going to succeed unlike my past attempts. Don't get me wrong, the last year has been successful, I have lost 40 pounds. However, I have find myself in a rut struggling to succeed. With all this in mind I have decided to take a different route. I have asked god to help me to change. I am seeking his guidance and strength to get me through the difficult times.
I imagine this is a subject on other peoples minds so I thought I would let you all know what was on mine....

2 comments:

rené said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

SO resonate with this! :) First, congrats on your weight loss so far! Second, you're absolutely right that you are not the only one who thinks about and struggles with this issue. Third, I cannot wait to hear how God changes you as you pursue His heart for this change in your life!! When I started to give over this area of my life, the transformation went WAY beyond the physical. I still struggle from time to time, but God's grace covers me and my life with Jesus will never be the same. Prepare yourself for something AMAZING! :)